- Saturday, June 24, 2017
- 12 noon to 4 pm
- Admission: It’s like the wind … absolutely FREE!
- Registration opens on June 1 and there is NO fee to register
Summer Sailstice, the global celebration of sailing which takes place on the weekend closest to the summer solstice, is just about to happen. If you’ve never joined before, what about making this your year – it’s a lot of fun!
Join us for an afternoon of fun, food and sailing on Newport Harbor.
This event is dedicated to getting new sailors on the water and for others to re-discover sailing on the longest sailing day of the year. If you’ve never sailed before, or want to share sailing with a non-sailor, this special day is for you!
- Hop on board for a sail with one of our instructors – bring someone for their first time!
- Enjoy a sail on Newport Harbor aboard a Lido 14, Shields, Harbor 20, J/105, or our Catalina 42 Betty.
- Sign-up to win a certificate for a FREE Beginning Sailing Class, Youth Summer Sailing Camp or Safe Powerboat Class
- Enjoy a FREE Hot Dog BBQ
Our goal is to get 100 new sailors on the water, so we will have a dozen boats with skippers available to take you sailing on Newport Harbor.
Online registration for the 2017 Discover Sailing at Summer Sailstice will open on June 1
Hot dogs will be served from 12:30 to 3:30 pm and the opportunity drawing for free class will take place at 3:30. You will receive your opportunity drawing ticket when you sign your waiver at check-in, and the drawing will take place at 3:30 pm. You do not need to be present to win.
Parking can be a challenge, so be sure to allow yourself enough time to park. Additional parking is available along PCH and in the public parking lot at Tustin and Avon. Please help us be good neighbors by not parking next door at the Newport Seabase. Our address is 1801 W. Coast Hwy., Newport Beach, CA 92663